Sunday, March 22, 2009

Drew Barrymore loved playing tragic role in Grey Gardens



To show to her fans just how miserable she can be, Drew Barrymore loved playing a tragic role in grey gardens. Barrymore said she is not always the happy-go-lucky person as she portrays in her movies and chat shows and playing ‘Little Edie Beale’ in the upcoming TV film gave her the chance to vent her depression, reported ‘Contactmusic’. ““I was excited to bring my own pain to something. I mean, contrary to my happy-go-luckiness, I have so much darkness in there,” Barrymore said.
“Playing Edie, I’m miserable, I’m scared, I feel sick all the time. But it was good because at least I have somewhere to put it that I’m not happy all the time,” the actress was quoted telling to the ‘W’ magazine. Barrymore also confessed that preparing for the film reminded her of a stint in rehab when she was a teenager. The Charlie’s Angels star turned her back on friends, newspapers and technology in an effort to get into the mindset of former US First Lady Jackie Kennedy Onassis’ odd cousin, who lived with her mother in a New York mansion. “I got institutionalized as a kid and I felt like I was back there. A lot of times I found myself unhappy and isolated, and the only other time I felt that way was when I was in there. It was absolutely trying to relearn to live. You are learning to become someone else,” the actress said.

No comments:

Post a Comment